We have published the following three cost-benefit analyses of real-world commissioning projects.
- 2009 Assessment [Summary] [PDF]
- 2004 Assessment [Summary] [PDF]
- Monitoring-based Commissioning [Summary] [PDF]
- Building Commissioning: A Golden Opportunity for Reducing Energy Costs and Greenhouse-gas Emissions [PPT - 22mb] [PDF - 5mb]
- The Business Case for Commissioning New and Existing Buildings
Presentation for Pacific Energy Center Workshop, December 6, 2005 [PDF]
- Costs and Benefits of Commissioning New and Existing Commercial Buildings
Conference on Building a Sustainable Campus Community (UCSC), June 21, 2005 [PDF]
- Mills, E. 2011. "Commissioning High-Tech Facilities" ASHRAE Journal. November, p. 18. [PDF]
- Mills, E. 2011. "Commissioning: Capturing the Potential." ASHRAE Journal. February. [PDF]
- Mills, E. 2009. "Building Commissioning: The Stealth Energy-Efficiency Strategy," Climate Progress, August 12 [online | PDF]
- Mills, E., P. Mathew, N. Bourassa, M. Brook, and M.A. Piette. 2008. "Action-Oriented Benchmarking: Concepts and Tools." Energy Engineering, Volume 105, Number 4, pp. 21-40. LBNL-358E. [PDF]
- Mathew, P., E. Mills, N. Bourassa, M. Brook. 2008. "Action-Oriented Benchmarking: Using the CEUS Database to Benchmark Commercial Buildings in California." Energy Engineering, Volume 105, Number 5, pp. 6-18. LBNL-502E. [PDF]
- Mills, E. 1994. "A Neglected Opportunity: Lighting Commissioning for Energy Savings." Newsletter of the International Association for Energy-Efficient Lighting (2/94). [Online version]
- Also in Strategic Planning for Energy and the Environment, Fall, pp. 25-28.